1971 Oldsmobile 442 W30 Convertible "W Machine". This 442 is ultra-rare with matching numbers and one of only 110 ever produced. It is 1 of 1 as equipped, included in the official W30 Registry, and is KNOWN TO BE THE EARLIEST PRODUCTION W30, the first of two which were built in December 1970. It's loaded with factory options, including air conditioning which experts suggest that only 10 cars came equipped with!
THIS IS SPECTACULAR VEHICLE FOR THE SERIOUS COLLECTOR, ENTHUSIAST OR INVESTOR!
- Oldsmobile produced only 110 442 W-30 convertibles in 1971
- One of Two, Yes 1 of only 2 Built in December of 1970 and believed to be the first production 1971 W30!
- This Vehicle is included in the W-30 Registry and has been inspected and verified numerous times as an authentic W-30 by several noted W-30/442 Authorities!
- Ultra Rare and Extremely Desirable example of Doctor Oldsmobile's Finest Muscle- Car Convertible
- This W-30 retains its Original NUMBERS MATCHING Drivetrain comprising of its Original NUMBERS MATCHING W30 Engine, Transmission and Rear End. The Original W30 Vin (Vehicle Identification Number) Stamped Engine, Original OW-code Vin Stamped Automatic Transmission, and the ORIGINAL 3:08 Rear Gear Ratio, EXCLUSIVE to W30 Cars with Air Conditioning still in place today.
- The car retains the original parts exclusive to the W-30 package, including the Original Red Fender Liners, Factory GM H-code Cylinder Heads, OW-Code Automatic Transmission, Factory Intake Manifold, Correctly Stamped 7041257 Carburetor, 1112034 Distributor and Other Parts Unique to the W-30.
- Original Factory Colors of Matador Red, White Power Convertible Top and Deluxe Pearl White Bucket Seat Interior with White Rally Stripes on its W-25 Open Air Induction Ram Air Hood, it is definately one of the most striking color combinations to ever leave the Lansing, Michigan, Assembly Plant.
- This car is not only the top-of-the-line W-30 but was also ordered with a multitude of options making it even more rare.
- Factory options list includes the W-30 455 CI engine, 400 Turbo Hydra-Matic high-shift-point Automatic Transmission with Hurst Dual Gate Shifter, Factory Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Convertible Top, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Column, Sport Steering Wheel, Rally Gauges, AM/FM Radio with 8-Track Tape Player, Power Front Disc Brakes, "Night Watch" Hood Lock and Power Trunk Release.
- It would likely be impossible to find a more Thoroughly Equipped and Visually Arresting W-30 Convertible with Factory Air Conditioning!
- Culminate the Multitude of Factory Options with the Earliest Production Date Known, the Factory Show Car Status and you have a Icon of American Muscle Car History for the SERIOUS COLLECTOR.. Second to NONE!
- It would be the Highlight of even the finest Collection in the world! This car should be on Display at General Motors!
- Believed to be the Earliest W-30 convertible built as a Factory Show Car in December of 1970!
According to GM factory records, this car was delivered to the GM factory warehouse in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in January of ’71 destined for Midwest car-show duty. A body-off restoration was performed in the mid '80s, and after passing through a handful of long-term owners, the rare 442 W-30 convertible was purchased by a well known muscle-car collector in South Barrington, IL. Because of the significance of this car, the car was restored again in 2014 to a much higher standard. The car is a pleasure to drive, as it runs and drives as a properly sorted GM A-body should. A recently certified appraisal and inspection has been completed.