1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ (Super Cobra Jet) w/Rare FACTORY DRAG-PACK Option and 4 Speed! We are beyond pleased to offer one the best cars in the world in many aspects. Reference Grade and Investment quality at its best. Fully documented, low-mileage, matching numbers vehicle. An absolutely beautiful Mustang and one of the finest Mach 1 SCJs you will find anywhere.
Equipped with the original factory 4-speed transmission and a power-packed 428 Super Cobra Jet Drag Pack Ram Air "R Code" motor for a driving experience that is second-to-none.
Ordered on November 4,1968 and built at Metuchen on January 13, 1969.
This SCJ Motor and all internal/external components (and drivetrain) are original, complete, and true to an authentic '69 Mach 1 as it was from the factory. This includes:
- Original Matching Numbers "R Code" 428 4-V Super Cobra Jet Ram Air Engine
- Large Cap Screw Lemans Connecting Rods
- External Counterweight to Compensate for Larger Connecting Rods
- Cobra Jet Heads C8OE-6090-H (1968 and Early 1969 Only)
- Passenger Date Code on Head: 8M4 (December 4, 1968)
- Driver Date Code on Head: 8L27 (November27, 1968)
- Intake Manifold: C8OE–9425–C (Cobra Jet correct)
- Intake Manifold Date Code: 8L23 (November 23, 1968)
- Correct "Snake" Valve Covers: C9ZE–6583–B (1968 Date Code)
- Distributor: C8OF–12127–H (correct for 4-Speed '69 SCJ) with L 27 Date (November 27, 1968)
- Original N Case "V Code" 3.91 Traction-Lok 31 Spline Axles Ring Gear (Ford part number C8OW-4210-A)
- Factory Ram Air Induction and SHAKER Hood
- Staggered Rear shocks (only available from factory for 4-speed SCJs and Boss Mustangs)
- Deluxe Marti Report, Body Buck Tag, Factory Books Manuals & Showroom Brochure
- All parts on this Mach are correct and documented with a comprehensive list of part #'s verifying authenticity (See photos)
- Factory Correct Silver Jade Paint (Ford #3230-A) with Blackout Hood Treatment
- Original Black Knit Vinyl Mach 1 Hi-Back Bucket Seats
- Carpeting has been replaced, all other interior is believed to be original.
- Sport Deck Rear Seat
- Original Factory AM Radio
If you are looking for a TRUE investment quality, reference grade, Super Cobra-Jet Mach 1 with the Drag Pack option that is proper, fully documented and correct, this is the car. NADA Guides' values this car in Excellent condition at $155,200. Priced to sell well below current market value! Try and find another one like this - you will not.
Ready to Show at the highest level or drive anywhere. This car is guaranteed to please - no excuses and no disappointments! Over 135 photos are featured below. This Mustang is rare, documented, correct, and a true piece of iconic Mustang history for the enthusiast or the collector.