1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ (Super Cobra Jet) w/Rare FACTORY DRAG-PACK Option and 4 Speed! This rare Mach HAS NEVER BEEN FOR SALE! We are beyond pleased to offer one the best cars in the world in many aspects. Reference Grade and Investment quality at its best. Fully documented, low-mileage, matching numbers vehicle. An absolutely beautiful Mustang and one of the finest Mach 1 SCJs you will find anywhere.
Equipped with the original factory 4-speed transmission and a power-packed 428 Super Cobra Jet Drag Pack Ram Air "R Code" motor for a driving experience that is second-to-none.
Ordered on November 4,1968 and built at Metuchen on January 13, 1969.
This SCJ Motor and all internal/external components (and drivetrain) are original, complete, and true to an authentic '69 Mach 1 as it was from the factory. This includes:
- Original Matching Numbers "R Code" 428 4-V Super Cobra Jet Ram Air Engine
- Large Cap Screw Lemans Connecting Rods
- External Counterweight to Compensate for Larger Connecting Rods
- Cobra Jet Heads C8OE-6090-H (1968 and Early 1969 Only)
- Passenger Date Code on Head: 8M4 (December 4, 1968)
- Driver Date Code on Head: 8L27 (November27, 1968)
- Intake Manifold: C8OE–9425–C (Cobra Jet correct)
- Intake Manifold Date Code: 8L23 (November 23, 1968)
- Correct "Snake" Valve Covers: C9ZE–6583–B (1968 Date Code)
- Distributor: C8OF–12127–H (correct for 4-Speed '69 SCJ) with L 27 Date (November 27, 1968)
- Original N Case "V Code" 3.91 Traction-Lok 31 Spline Axles Ring Gear (Ford part number C8OW-4210-A)
- Factory Ram Air Induction and SHAKER Hood
- Staggered Rear shocks (only available from factory for 4-speed SCJs and Boss Mustangs)
- Deluxe Marti Report, Body Buck Tag, Factory Books Manuals & Showroom Brochure
- All parts on this Mach are correct and documented with a comprehensive list of part #'s verifying authenticity (See photos)
- Factory Correct Silver Jade Paint (Ford #3230-A) with Blackout Hood Treatment
- Original Black Knit Vinyl Mach 1 Hi-Back Bucket Seats
- Carpeting has been replaced, all other interior is believed to be original.
- Sport Deck Rear Seat
- Original Factory AM Radio
If you are looking for a TRUE investment quality, reference grade, Super Cobra-Jet Mach 1 with the Drag Pack option that is proper, fully documented and correct, this is the car. NADA Guides' values this car in Excellent condition at $155,200. Priced to sell well below current market value! Try and find another one like this - you will not.
Ready to Show at the highest level or drive anywhere. This car is guaranteed to please - no excuses and no disappointments! Over 135 photos are featured below. This Mustang is rare, documented, correct, and a true piece of iconic Mustang history for the enthusiast or the collector.